Топик "International Women’s Day (8 March) / Международный Женский День (8 Марта)"
- a present [ˈprez(ə)nt] — подарок
- to congratulate [kənˈɡrætjʊleɪt] — праздновать
- to wash up - мыть посуду
- to celebrate [ˈselɪbreɪt] — праздновать
- almost [ˈɔːlməʊst] — почти
- lay the table [leɪ ðə ˈteɪb(ə)l] — накрывать на стол
The 8th of March is a great official holiday for all women. It began in 1909 by women in New York streets who asked for better working conditions. Women’s Day is not celebrated in Great Britain. The British celebrate another wonderful holiday in spring. It’s called Mother’s Day.
The International Women’s Day is one of the most favourite holidays among Russian women because there is a nice tradition to congratulate and give bunches of spring flowers and presents to our mothers, grandmothers, sisters and all women on this day. In the morning men go to the shops to buy flowers and sweets. They also help to do the housework and cook something delicious for dinner. Children help their mums to lay the table and wash up. All members of the family are well dressed.
The 8th of March is the day when women are happy and they smile and thank their families because they can take a break and relax and forget about their everyday routine, about cooking and looking after their families.
- Тема "Мой любимый актер" (My favourite actor) - - Просмотров 84718
- Тема "Мой университет" (My University) - - Просмотров 69418
- Тема "Мое хобби - рисование" (My hobby is drawing) - - Просмотров 64194
- Тема "Мой любимый певец" (My favourite singer) - - Просмотров 54110
- Тема "Моя любимая книга" (My favourite book) - - Просмотров 46970
- Топик "Мое хобби - чтение" (My hobby is reading) - - Просмотров 40052
- Тема "Мой дом" (My House) - - Просмотров 35518